HAWAII BBQ RIBS
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and pineapple. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and grated ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened; about 5 minutes.
- Arrange a layer of plain spareribs in a roasting pan (meat up) and then arrange another layer of plain spareribs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan very tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 ¼ hours.
- Now remove them from the oven and drain the fat from the pan.
- Cover the spareribs with the cooked sauce.
- Place back in the oven, uncovered.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.